Thursday, December 23, 2010

IDEA X for the Grails Developer

The new version of IntelliJ IDEA was released last week. I already blogged what IDEA X means for Groovy developers, and all of those features are obviously available to any Community Edition user (that’s the free one). This post looks at all the new Grails features available in the Ultimate Edition (the one you pay for). These features are a little harder for me to try out personally as my current project is EJB3 and not Grails (someone save me please!). I’ve tried quite a few of them personally, but feedback is always welcome in case I miss or exaggerate something.

As usual, you can read the full article over on the Canoo blog. Feeling magnanimous? Upvote at DZone.

Happy holidays everyone. Six years ago this week I decided to take a few vacation days at my in-law's house and finally get serious about learning Java. I wrote a little Swing app called "TimeTool" whose source code I would be thoroughly embarrassed by today. What a long, strange trip it's been.

No comments: