Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interview with Antonio Goncalves about the past, present, and future of Java EE

I got a chance to sit down and talk to Java Champion Antonio Goncalves about the past, present, and future of Java EE. I've been working for the last six months in a heavy EE/SOA stack, and it's been interesting to see the advantages and disadvantages. I definitely come from the other side of the world where specifications aren't seen as an inherent sign of quality, and frameworks not sanctioned by Sun/Oracle are not to be feared. It was fun to get his opinions about this stuff.

The full interview is on the JetBrains Zone at DZone. We're both JetBrains Academy Members and we're slowly interviewing each other.

P.S. This is the first post I've ever made that mentioned Java Enterprise Edition. I suspect the next time EE is mentioned will be in another few years :)

No comments: