This screencast demonstrates the small language changes that are part of Open JDK 7, which is available from the Open JDK website. It demonstrates multi-catch, try with resources, strings in switch statements, underscores in literals, and the diamond operator.
If you have any issues watching the video below, then you may have better luck viewing it on the JetBrains.tv site.
I've made a lot of screencasts and blog posts over the years. If you like this, then there are many ways to see the other stuff I've done:
- My main blog: http://hamletdarcy.blogspot.com
- My other JetBrains.tv posts: http://tv.jetbrains.net/tags/hamlet
- IDEA related posts on my blog: http://hamletdarcy.blogspot.com/search/label/IDEA
- My screencasts on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HamletDRC
- IDEA related Posts on my work blog: http://www.canoo.com/blog/tag/idea/
- Or follow me on Twitter: @HamletDRC
The screencast was created with Ubuntu 10.04, PiTiVi, Audicity, gtk-RecordMyDesktop, IntelliJ IDEA, and LibreOffice. OS from top to bottom.
Thanks for watching, leave a comment, or upvote it at your favorite link site!