Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Pecha Kucha Lessons Learned

Last weekend was Canoo’s annual Continuous Improvement workshop, where we retreat to our secret Alp fortress to discuss the coming year and where we want to go as a company. My favorite memory is getting licked by a cow in a breakout session. Only in Switzerland. My second favorite was the Pecha Kucha contest.

A Pecha Kucha is a 20 slide presentation where each slide is presented for only 20 seconds. That’s 6 minutes and 20 seconds total. It’s a lot different than a normal presentation, and I’ve already blogged my “9 Beginner Mistakes” a few years ago. After watching 6 other people give Pecha Kuchas, I was struck by a couple common themes in what was working and what wasn’t. Check out my Canoo.com blog post "More Pecha Kucha Lessons Learned" to read more about Pecha Kuchas and what I think it takes to deliver a great one.

No comments: