Monday, September 27, 2010

Clearer Unit Tests: Assert, Guard, and Throw

I hate the book “xUnit Test Patterns” for being over 800 pages long. I am convinced a good editor can turn any 800 page book into a 700 pager with the exact same content… that includes you Leo Tolstoy! The problem is that xUnit Patterns is still the definitive reference to test concepts and implementation. There is no better book on testing available, but the sheer weight and size the book means few have actually read it. Well I have, and I highlighted the damn thing just to prove it. In this post you’ll find 3 techniques to improve test clarity that, in my opinion, are underutilized in the development world today.


Surf over to http://canoo.com/blog to read the rest of the article, or go straight to the Dzone link if you're inclined to vote it up. Thanks!

No comments: